Well, the empty space across from Stella’s in Uptown finally has a new owner. Last week Cowboy Slims’s opened up and a few of us went to go check it out. If you haven’t made it there yet, I highly recommend stopping in for happy hour tonight or for a drink this weekend. I know I’ll be heading back Saturday night, and all are welcome to join.
This bar is a fun new welcome to town and has all the glamor of a good happy-hour local, combined with a fun and buyable theme. Minneapolis needed a new hot spot and I think this could do well if they keep up the pace. Last Friday it was packed by 10pm when happy hour starts, and this was with a cold night’s air on the patio. Need more to help convince you?
- Wait staff. ‘Nuff said
- Tator Tot Hot Dish is on the menu. Now THAT’s class.
- When you enter the bar, you actually walk through saloon doors like in a movie.
- $2 drinks and 1/2 price Apps every night at 10pm, this brings some young eye candy.
- The patio will be awesome on warm nights, and brings fresh air into the rest of the restaurant.
- They sell Cowboy Slim’s merchandise … yep, flannel shirts.
- They have a Cowboy Slim’s beer that they brew themselves, for the high-class aficionados out there.
After decades of turmoil, we can now relax – cowboy boots are finally socially acceptable in Minneapolis